Digital menu boards are helping small to medium quick serve restaurants to succeed with their dilemma of providing this information whilst increasing sales and reducing advertising costs, as these can help restaurant owners overcome the labelling of their products to include the nutritional values for customers to see before they order.
What is the main key to any restaurant owner?
It is the ability of having a menu that appeals to consumers, due to it’s importance this is the first task any new restaurants completes first with an eye catching menu this will the customer feeling cold and they for sure go back to the favoured eateries. The menu can be responsible for your restaurant being packed or just a few customers per day.
Creating a menu that works successfully can be split into several sections; creation of the menu, product cost, product selling price and the menu layout, each one contribute to a winning formula.
There are 5 fatal mistakes restaurant owners make with their menus, avoid these and your restaurant will be packed with loyal customers.
1. Target the menu to your customers, what product sells most? What food product do other restaurants sell out of first? Do some research by asking people in the trade and if this is your first menu this will pay off.
2. Monitor your daily sales, this will keep you closely informed with what your customers want, you can see what sells best and what the worst selling item is, then you can market the best selling to maximise results.
3. Carry out surveys with people you would target when they are not in your restaurant, find out what they like and where they eat and you can use this data to target them in the future.
4. Streamline your menu – use day parting by offering breakfast meal deals, then lunch and dinner deals, otherwise customers will be overwhelmed with the menu and when staff ask for their order they will just pick anything that is “safe” and it may not be something they necessarily want.
5. Menu layout – this will dictate what items your customers will buy, the most important and highly profitable items should be placed at the top so they the most exposure. Again using day parting can achieve this, so that your customers give the “specials” the utmost attention.
LCD Enclosure Global offer a range of digital poster for restaurants and hotels to display their current promotions, perfect for indoor digital signage.
LCD Enclosure Global – anything else is a compromise.
With solutions for $400 call 888-460-3573 now!