Out of the 450,000 roadside electronic billboards that cover the USA highways, only 500 are full colour digital signs, changing the message every few seconds. This is set to rise to 4,000 in the next 10 years and this has safety experts concerned.
With 5 US States banning cell phone use whilst driving, what will these full colour digital signs have on drivers? Surely, it will be distracting – it was proven in the UK that the static posters of the Wonderbra advert when first launched caused an increase of 21% in car accidents.
An expert for the Federal Highway Agency explained that the accidents will increase initially, due to the digital signs being out of the norm and doing it’s job – capturing the attention of the driver.
The challenges will fall to the content creators, who will have to resist the urge to use every flashy tool they have in their toolbox of creative genius.
Post brough to you by LCD Enclosures Global – anything else is a compromise.
- Digital Signage +LCD enclosure=Vandal proof and waterproof digital signage solution.
- Could Project Natal Change Digital Interactive Displays Forever?
- Advantages of a portrait flat panel display advertising solution
- Digital media player – storing and updating digital advertising content
- Digital Poster Now Being Installed in Car Dealerships